Friday, January 22, 2010

Sometimes a virus isn't on the computer


Well, healthy as I tend to be, I picked up a virus this week, that knocked me out of my usual routine - uggh!
So I am snuggled under my down comforter, a fleece shawl I made around my shoulders, and my laptop keeping me connected to the outside world. No coffee today, just a cup of tea. My stomach said "thank you".
I'm setting up a project in my head, that has been going off track every time I make some inroads. It involves less clutter in my life, a bedroom crammed with STUFF, and the vintage joy I want that room to become. My bits and pieces need a better home! I've removed tons of stuff to donate, sell, and give away over the last year. I even got it neat enough at one point that I stretched out with my collected pillows and dolls and slept there when my husband's snoring was keeping me awake one night.
I think, because it is the direct path to the attic (the closet with the folding stairs are is in that room), the various odds and ends always seem to end there.
Well, I've decided that the only viable option is to remove everything from the room, only keep the important stuff (like the previously mentioned pillows and dolls), and toss, recycle, donate, etc. all the rest. Then, with my precious bits and pieces safely boxed (and labeled), the old, stained carpet will be ripped up and removed, the walls will be repaired (my middle daughter had tons of posters, etc. and also repainted it a different color without taking very much down -yucky once the stuff was taken down by me). The only items to definitely stay (aside from the mentioned bits and pieces) will be the daybed (once belonged to my oldest daughter) which has a great mattress and that I painted an interesting shade of fuchsia a few years ago, the shelves I put in and probably the dressing table and craft table I have in there. Undecided about the dresser that's in there. Well, anyway, that's what I organizing in my head. Colors? Well, even with only one window, it's sunny, so I'm not sure which way I'm going with. Deep shades of rose, etc. swirl through my head. I always put paint samples on the wall to see it with the different types of light before I commit.
So, onward with planning.
Of course there is the second cataract surgery coming up soon. But, a girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment